Thank you for your interest in the AABC 2022 organized by, and being held at William Angliss Centre, Melbourne.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
Judge and Steward Registration is Open
If you have not registered and are willing to be a volunteer, please register.
If you have registered, log in and then choose Edit Account from the My Account menu indicated by the icon on the top menu.
AABC 2022 is scheduled for Thursday October 13th.
Venue will be the Angliss Restaurant, 550 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000
1. Entry qualification is via your home State/Terrotory Qualifying Competition. All entries are online at aabc2022.vicbrew.org. Online entriy closes at 1PM 1st October 2022. Entrants must have qualified by placing 1st 2nd or 3rd in their Home State/Territory Qualifying Competition within the category they are entering.
2. Entries must be received by Saturday 1st October at 5PM at the Drop-Off locations listed on the website under the Info tab.
4. Maximum of 2 entries per AABC Category per brewer. Within this limit, only one entry per style. The beer style nominated must be a designated style for the category (as per AABC 2022 Categories). Organisers may reclassify or disqualify incorrectly nominated entries.
5. Entries must be amateur brews. Beers fermented in a commercial brewery are ineligible.
6. One bottle (glass, plastic or can) per entry (750ml preferred) with a minimum volume equal to that specified in your state/territory qualifying competition rules. Absolute maximum bottle dimensions are: diameter = 90mm; maximum height including cap or cork =300mm. Cost is $10 per entry.
7. Beers in each Category will be judged by a panel of judges. Judging will be by blind tasting. Judges’ decision will be final. Completed scoresheets will be available for download from the competition website. Queued judging will be used for large categories with several judging panels and no scaling of scores to determine the placings.
8. Trophies will be awarded for the 3 highest scoring beers in each Category. In the event of tied scores, placegetters will be decided by progressive countback as follows: a) highest score for Overall Impression; b) highest score for Flavour; c) smallest spread in total scores (smallest difference between highest and lowest scores); d) the judging panel will be requested to resolve the tie.
9. Champion Beer of Show will be awarded to the highest scoring beer in the competition. In the event of a tie, a progressive countback will be used as for category placings. Entries in categories 19 and 20 are ineligible for the Champion Beer award.
10. Champion Brewer and Champion State of Show will be determined by the sum of placing points awarded: 1st: 3 points, 2nd: 2 points; 3rd: 1 point. In the event of a tie, then the sum of the placing points times the judging points will be used to decide the winners. For example, a win (3 placing points) for a beer receiving 130 judging points and a third place (1 placing point) for a beer receiving 110 judging points would have a total of 3x130 + 1x110 = 500 points. If there is still a tie, then joint winners will be declared.
11. Competition will be judged Thursday 13th October at the Angliss Restaurant, 550 Little Lonsdale Street (Ground Floor, Building E), Melbourne.
12. Presentations will be made on October 13th at Deeds Brewery, 4 Paran Place, Glen Iris at approximately 7pm. NOTE: that this is an ANHC Ticketed event and is not open to the public.
15. AABC 2022 is a BJCP registered competition.
16. Privacy. Personal information provided by brewers with their entries will only be used for the conduct of the competition. This information will not be released to third parties, other than the names of brewers and their brew club, which will be published in the results lists for the competition.
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
- Mark Hibberd — Competition Coordinator
- Michael P Guenzel — Competition Secretary
Vicbrew is proud to have the following sponsors for the AABC 2022.